Participants interested in making a poster presentation are invited to submit an abstract.
All abstracts will undergo review by the Abstract Reviewer, to determine the acceptance. To submit your abstract you will first need to register contact details according to the information below
For questions about the submission, please contact: email@example.com
- Education (all aspects)
- Basic Science
- Clinical Science
- Audits and Surveys
- Quality and Safety (incorporating Human Factors)
- Case Reports
Abstract submission deadlines
- 1st March – 15th September 2018: abstract submissions
- After 18th September: notification to the authors of accepted abstracts
- 5th November 2018: abstract presenter registration deadline. Presenters of accepted abstracts must pre-register online for the EAC 2018 before this date, in order to ensure abstract publication on the congress app and website
Abstract submission rules
- Each presenter author is allowed to submit a maximum of two abstracts
- All abstracts submitted via the online submission form before September 15, 2018 will be forwarded to the Abstract Reviewer
- All abstracts must be submitted and presented in clear English with accurate grammar and spelling of a quality suitable for publication
- Abstracts submitted by fax or e-mail will not be accepted.
- Please do not submit multiple copies of the same abstract.
Confirmation of receipt & notification of decision
- You will receive an email confirmation that your abstract has been received, indicating the abstract number. Please refer to this abstract number in all correspondence regarding the abstract.
- Please contact the Organising Secretariat if you submit an abstract and do not receive confirmation.
- Notifications regarding status of your abstract will be sent once the review process is complete.
Presentation at Congress
- Instructions for preparation of oral or poster presentations will be sent together with acceptance notifications.
- For each abstract, an author is expected to attend the congress and make the presentation.
Presenting authors must register within November 5, 2018.
- Accepted abstracts for which a presenting author is registered and has paid the registration fee by November 5, 2018:
– will be scheduled in the online Congress Scientific Programme
– could be included in the Trends in Anaesthesia and Critical Care online journal
- Abstracts for which no author has registered to attend the Congress by November 5, 2018 will not be included in the congress programme and APP
Writing & submitting your abstract
Please follow the guidance below when writing and submitting your Abstract
- Background and Goals: state background and specific objective of study
- Methods: shortly describe methods used
- Results: summarize results obtained
- Conclusions: state conclusions reached
- Standard abbreviations may be used.
Please follow the guidance below when writing and submitting your Case
- Learning points
- Standard abbreviations may be used
- a case report should end ( before the references )
Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
- Presenting author’s contact details:
- Email address
- Full postal address
- Phone number
All accepted abstracts will be poster presentations; the best papers will enter the oral presentation contest
Author and co-authors’ details:
- Max 6 authors per abstract
- Full first and family name(s)
- Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital, city, state (if relevant), country
Abstract title – Limited to 150 characters (including spaces)
Abstract text – Limited to 2500 characters (including spaces and references)
Abstract topic – Abstracts must be allocated to a specific topic for the Scientific Program. Please choose from the list of topics.
- Prepare all images in JPG format before starting the process. Only one table or figure is permitted.
- If you wish to add more than one image/table/graphics, you must prepare a single JPG file and this should not exceed 200 Kbytes.
- The Organizing Secretariat will check all images and can decide to change their dimensions or reject them according to the publisher.
- References are listed and cited as specified as follow:
– Example:Author AB, Author CD. Title of paper. Journal name written in full 2016; 12: 123-4
– No more than five references should be included.
– If reference has more than 3 authors, then list the names of first 3 authors followed by et al.
Declaration of Consent to Publication and Assignation of Copyright
- I confirm that I previewed this abstract and that all information is correct. I accept that the content of this abstract cannot be modified or corrected after final submission and I am aware that it will be published exactly as submitted.
- Submission of the abstract constitutes my consent to publication (e.g. congress app, website, programmes, etc.)
- The Abstract Submitter warrants and represents that he/she is the sole owner or has the rights of all the information and content (“Content”) provided to EAC 2018 and AIM Group International (Hereafter: “The Organisers”). The publication of the abstract does not infringe any third party rights including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights.
- The Abstract Submitter grants the Organisers a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable nonexclusive license to use, reproduce, publish, translate, distribute, and display the Content.
- The Organisers reserve the right to remove from any publication an abstract which does not comply with the above.
- I herewith confirm that the contact details saved in this system are those of the corresponding author, who will be notified about the status of the abstract. The corresponding author is responsible for informing the other authors about the status of the abstract.
- All accepted abstract will be published at TACC (Trends in Anaesthesia and Critical Care). Authors are requested to submit their consent also to ELSEVIER.